BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

BACK TO THE FOOTLIGHTS


So my good friend, Dennis Purdie, called me a month ago and asked, or encouraged, or maybe even slightly pleaded with me to come audition for "On Golden Pond" for the role of Ethel opposite his Norman. I knocked it around in my head for a few days because 1)did I really want to give up all my evenings to rehearsal, 2) did I think I could play 69 and 3) how rusty am I really! Short story - I decided to force myself to do it. It's only the Pleasant Grove Players operating in a small theatre in the library building but I am glad I did it and I'm actually having a great experience. Dennis and I go way back to the days of "Harvey" so it's really comfortable and amazingly enough I am actually coming along with my lines - which Ethel has Tons! That never used to be an issue, but it has become one in this chapter of livin' So now I am trying to discover how I want to create Ethel's physical look. Saw Meryl, my idol, in "Evening" the other night and I think I have a base to work from now!! Maybe I have re-discovered I still have some greasepaint in my veins and not just Mountain Dew!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're totally going to be there.

The Big Hert said...

proud of you lady. mountain dew is actually quite good for your body, scientists have discovered. it can act as a healing nector. in alaska all "Life Saving Saint Bernard"s are required to have their barrels around their necks filled with Mountain Dew.